My Blog List

Monday, November 11, 2013

Got Steelhead!

Well my fellow Metalheads the Manistee River was good to us once again this weekend. On Friday we went 7 for 10! On Saturday which was slower due to the weather patterns changing, we went 3 for 4. 

However, I did manage to catch a Master Angler Award Steelhead on Saturday which is always cool.

Last week while on the Grand it was spawn under a float or bottom bouncing getting the rods bent. This weekend we bottom bounced and float fished spawn with no luck. It was either a bead or a plug for us, that did the trick. No swinging with the Spey Rod, sorry.

Steelhead fishing is such an important past time to me. I can't ever imagine not fishing for Chrome. I would like to thank Fred and Andy for fishing with me this weekend. I had a blast guys! Can't wait to do it again and hope to see some of you on the River.

Tight Lines Everyone.







No comments:

Post a Comment