My Blog List

Monday, January 27, 2014

Old Man Winter.... Time to go!

Good Day my Frozen Friends.

Here in the Mid-West and the North were no stranger to cold and snow. But this year winter has been ridiculous and may leave now, as far as I'm concerned. I normally welcome the Winter season for fishing. Its one of my favorite times of the year for angling. No ones on the river, you find peace, quiet and solitude.

Lets not forget the mighty Steelhead pulling on the end of my line. But Hell, we cannot even go if the rivers are locked up. I pray for a thaw so I may resume chasing these fish once again. As a matter of fact I don't know of anyone that chases these fish that would disagree with me.

So on that note I'm posting the photo below! I'm not a violent man but a Steelhead Angler has his limits don't ya know?

I leave you with this today.

"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of mind"
Washington Irving



3 comments: