My Blog List

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Time for change again?

The rivers are ever rising and changing. The temps and the flow is a reminder nothing stays the same in life.

Here is photos from last week's steelhead trip. I had an epic day on the water with my buddy Greg. I went 12 for 21 that day and all fish were drop backs. 

For the record None Flossed OFF GRAVEL! Viz was not bad she was rolling at 4620 CFS and water temp was 48.2. Lots of fish heading back to the Big Water.

Now she is rolling at 5210 CFS and water temp is now 55. o F. My prediction is she is winding down. We might get another push of fish let's hope so? But may be time to start thinking about Smallmouth, Salmon and Trout. 

I will be chasing Smallies this weekend on the fly. So stay tuned for that trip. It's usually a good time every year. 

I leave you with this today as we move on down the road to a new season. I feel this quote also applies to the ever winding river:  


"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone. And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet. Until it joins some larger way. Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say" 

Fellowship of the Ring 


Take care my friends and Thanks for your continued support.




 

MUSKEGON RIVER








FISH'ISMS




 

THE RIVER





FROM OUR FRIENDS AT LOOP



The River Keeper from Matt Dunkinson Photography on Vimeo.



CENTERPIN LOVE ON THE SITUK RIVER



Danny and Friends from Washington season Highlights


No comments:

Post a Comment