My Blog List

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mixed Bag Weekend!

Well my son Jacob and I made it back safely from the Manistee. The weather was awesome and we could not have asked for more when it comes to the weather. Our first outing was on Saturday for some inland lake fishing.

I personally caught over 20 Small and Large Mouth Bass. Add  another 20 Rock bass and 10 Crappies. I caught over 50 fish in one day myself. Not bad, huh? We did end up with a limit of Crappies for the Skillet as well. All Bass were taken on top water lures in the morning and when we switched over to a mister twister jig for the crappies we still caught a little bit of everything on Twisters throughout the day.

In addition to fishing with Jacob, I also fished with my 2 friends Freddie B and Bob Ison who happen to be guides up there. So that always helps and I'm truly blessed to know them and have them as friends.

Sunday we spent the day chasing some Salmon out on Lake Michigan with Freddie B . We ended up with 2 fish. So NO skunk for sure. The Salmon fishing out of the Manistee has been really slow this year due to the cold weather. Normally this time of year we slay the Salmon. However, the day was spent with good friends and my son. Both fish were taken on Spoons.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday no matter where you are. Get outside and enjoy life!

Tight Lines.

Kind Regards.


















No comments:

Post a Comment