My Blog List

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Benoit Brothers

For the hunters out there. I had the pleasure of meeting up with Lanny Benoit. For those of you who do not know who the Benoit Brothers are? The family is famous around the world for there Whitetail Deer tracking skills. This family is the real deal from Vermont and when it comes to Tracking Whitetails in the Big woods, very few people can touch them. They hunt vast areas in places like Maine, New Hampshire, Quebec and Ontario.

Each year they consistently shoot 200 hundred pound + whitetails. Larry the Father, first put the Family on the Hunting Stage when a published article in Sports Afield Magazine came out. It was in the September, 1970 issue. The article was titled "Larry Benoit, Is he the best Deer Hunter in North America?" Since that day Larry and his sons have risen to fame in the Hunting world and circles. That fan base continues to grow today.




I was fortunate enough to meet up with Lanny Benoit. He is the eldest son of Larry and is the most pickiest out of the family when it comes to shooting big bucks. That's why his average buck size is so much higher. He is a true hunter in my opinion and has my respect when it comes to Deer Hunting. I'm his biggest fan and look forward to hunting with him in 2014. See photos below of me and Lanny. Did I mention I bought his Old Remington 270 pump!

I still cant believe I have his old gun to add to my collection of Benoit memorabilia. If that gun could talk.

Fall is coming boy's Steelhead Fishing and Deer Hunting there's nothing better.

Tight Lines and Shoot Straight!




No comments:

Post a Comment